Tuesday, June 27, 2017

You're Awesome

My colleague/office mate accepted a new position last week and her last day in our office is coming up this week.  She's been talking about getting some things for her desk in her new office, so I picked up something for her--and made her a card, too!

You're Awesome card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lil' Inker Designs
The layout is based on the current sketch at Match the Sketch.  I started out by mixing and matching several different patterned paper scraps until I settled on the arrangement you see here.  I knew I wanted to use the school themed alphabet patterned panel, but wasn't sure about what to put with it.  The delicate floral pattern picked up most of the colors and worked nicely.  After arranging the trio of strips on a golden yellow panel, I added a cream stitched oval on top, using foam tape for dimension.  I curved the "you're awesome" sentiment from the Lil' Inker Designs Teacher Talk sentiment on my clear block, then stamped it on the panel in red ink.  I used the LID Apple of My Eye dies to create the stitched red apple to go with the sentiment.  I matted the finished panel on red cardstock, then adhered it to a kraft card base.

Materials Used:
Teacher Talk stamp set, Apple of My Eye and Stitched Oval dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Harvest Gold and Green Parakeet cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Playdate 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips