Thursday, April 19, 2018

Welcome to the World

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I used the sketch and elements from the inspiration photo (color scheme, dot pattern, and elephant image) to put together this classic gender neutral baby card.

Welcome to the World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Clear and Simple Stamps
My focal image is an adorable elephant image from the Baby Shower stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I stamped the image in white pigment ink on gray cardstock, then heat embossed it so the text detail would pop against the gray  background.  The image was adhered to a pair of layered circles using foam tape for dimension.  I adhered the image panel over a strip of gray on gray dotted paper placed across a plain white cardstock panel.  The "welcome to the world sweet little one" sentiment from CSS's Baby Sentiment set was stamped just above the elephant image in gray ink.  The sentiment is one long line on the stamp, but here I broke it up for a more balanced look.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating gray card base.

Materials Used:
Baby Shower and Baby Sentiments stamp sets, I Steel Got It and A Blanc Check cardstock, Baby Shower and Shapes:  Circles dies (Clear and Simple Stamps); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Hippo ink (Lawn Fawn); Smokey Shadow patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love that cool elephant! Such a sweet baby card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling baby card, Lori! I love the pattern on your elephant...such a sweet take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips